CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Today was my first day of school. Interesting day. I like my prof for social psych. She's nice and seems excited about the topic...this is *almost* always a good thing in a prof! We had a "class activity"...one of those things that s designed to make you talk to everyone. It was supposed to go for about 20 minutes and then we were done for the day. Walking around talking to everyone and trying to find people that had written the same things on their index card as you did...bleck! Well...it was noisy...and no one heard the fire alarm going off! HAHAHAHA a fire drill on the first day of school! So we hand the prof our cards on the way out the door and then, very slowly, file down the stairs...from the third floor...with everyone else ahead of us and two floors below trying to get out the same doors.

So...the first day was pretty good. Only one class. Tomorrow I have two classes...then Friday I have the 4th.

S

8 comments:

Lily Strange said...

I had school start and am very terrified that it will be too much and I will fail.
Not to mention that my heart isn't in it, but I feel I need the training so I have more options.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good beginning! I've always liked my Social Psych classes - not so much learning and more fun, I think :)

Donna

Jigsaw Analogy said...

good luck with school. it's really funny about that fire alarm the first day of class, though.

Dr. Deb said...

Social psych can be a very enjoyable class. I hope you find that it IS for you.

I begin teaching today. A grad class in Psychoanalysis. As usual, I am nervous.

:)

Raine said...

hmmmmmm remember that if there is something you want to get out of........... the nearest location of all fire alarms :P

Jade said...

Wow, exciting first day! I hate those stupid "ice breakers". I don't like being forced to talk to people. hehe. Good luck on your semester!

jumpinginpuddles said...

please see http://lifespacings.blogspot.com/2008/09/good-bye-after-five-years.html

Anonymous said...

We believe you'll do very well. :) It was so nice to see you guys on campus that one day!! Hope to see you all again soon!!