CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

School Starting Soon!

I haven't written in a while...haven't had much to say I guess. Really, haven't been around much...lots of "lost time". My summer is over! Wasn't it just May a couple days ago? Looking back on my blogs, it seems that there has been quite a bit going on. Might be for the best that I don't have knowledge of most of it.

School starts in five days. Amazing. Seems that someone or someones have been getting ready for that. Yesterday I got my books...but that is all I've done. However, my desk is clean...not a small job! Someone went and got the messenger/laptop bag I wanted. Someone got paper, ink cartridges for the printer, pens, and a note pad with the wires at the top instead of on the side...the kind I prefer...and it's pink. Someone also got a few new clothes. Nothing wild, but cute. Seems like a lot of consideration was put into the clothes too. Someone thought about the weather, what we all like, and colors. There's a new jacket...very lightweight spring/summer jacket. Material is like a cotton/linen blend. The sleeves roll up and have a snap to keep them up, the hood is detachable, and it's kind of a pinkish-salmon color. There's a new zip-up hoodie from the disney store. It's pastel pink, with (s)Tinkerbell on it. There are four new shirts, two short sleeve t-shirts, one is white with a design on it and the other is deep pink (raspberry?) with a design. Then two 3/4 sleeve shirts...one is solid teal (almost green) and the other is a deep pink thermal shirt, wth a design. There's one new pair of jeans and one pair of shorts. The shorts are longer, almost to the knees...that's good because I really HATE having the backs of my legs stick to a chair when I'm sitting in lecture. :P And there is one pair of shoes...one! Now you all know *I* did NOT do the shopping! They are pink and black Vans with a geisha girl silohuette on them...pretty nice. Anyways...someone put a lot of thought into the school clothes shopping...pretty much everything is something anyone of us would wear without complaining too much except maybe J...and the shoes ARE Vans...so he should be ok with that.

Oddly, I am not too nervous about school starting. It's a strange feeling. I'm kind of excited, and definitely looking forward to it. In the past, at the beginning of a semester, I would be a bundle of nerves. So full of anxiety that I could hardly do anything...the smallest thing would set off a panic attack. "Do I know what room my class is in? OMG!! I've only checked 6 times...I can't breath!" That's not happening this time. I don't know why, but I'm really glad it's not. Even with the number of units/credits I have, I'm not nervous. I'm registered for 15 units. One hard class, one class I'm not particularly interested in but is a requirment, and two classes in my major...Sociology. I've never taken so many units...the most I've taken was 14...last semester. Ok...that's really close to 15! I guess one more unit isn't that big of a deal.

S

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only one pair of new shoes? No way! ;)

I hope you can do the 15 units. I've done it before and, depending on which classes you choose, can either be manageable or just awful. It sounds like, from what I've heard, that you have a good balance with your courses.

Much good luck to you in your new adventure!

Donna

Jade said...

Hope the new semester starts smoothly for you! It feels kind of weird for me not to be gearing up for school with you.

I have no doubt that you will kick 15 units in their ass! ;-)

Raine said...

Well you know............ you did graduate with honors. I'm thinking that oughta mean you can do it.

Broken-Winged Cherub said...

Just wanted to say I've bookmarked it again, and w00t for school. :)

Jigsaw Analogy said...

good luck with school!! i'm really glad that the others made sure that everything was ready for you to start, too, and that they were so thoughtful with their preparations.