CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Today is the start of finals week. I actually already had a final last Friday...for English class...it was really cool to do it then instead of the day before graduation! Today I am taking the Speech final. It's actually scheduled for Wednesday at 10, but I have the Statistics final that day from 7-9:45, so my speech teacher offered to let me sit the final with her other speech class. I snapped up that offer! This is probably the easiest final of the four and I am really looking forward to having it behind me so I can concentrate on Statistics and Chemistry. Going into Chemistry I am doing ok...I have a solid B in the class, it's possible to get an A if I do really well on the final, but I am not doing well in Statistics so I really need to concentrate on that. Any positive stats juju would be appreciated!

**********

In other news...

We are waiting for the determination of D's temp. state disability. The claim was received 5/9 and they say "please allow up to 14 days for processing". So any day now? Hopefully it will be very soon because we really need some more income...SSDI does not support one person, let alone two and 3 cats! REALLY, it doesn't. There is also the issue that I am going to have company very soon. Raine and my Aunt will both be staying here for a few days (for my graduation)...I'd really like to be able to get some new towels because the ones I have, while once very nice, are now kind of old and falling apart! There are a few other things I'd like to do around the house, but they aren't as important as that. Although I do think having appropriate food for my guests is kind of important...even if it's just a little food. My Aunt is a vegetarian and I'm not sure about Raine's needs now that her food needs have changed. Anyways...good money juju would be appreciated too!

***********

Graduation is in 5 days...I'm excited, and sad, and overwhelmed, and giddy, and scared, and, and, and... you get the idea. Last Thursday I went to get my cap and gown and found out I am graduating with honors! I didn't know I was...I thought my C in Anatomy dropped my GPA below the mark needed. Apparently it didn't. So I will be wearing a bright gold, satin stole on graduation day! Such a huge difference from when I was dropping out every semester.

S

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck this week and congrats again on the Honors :)

Donna

Jigsaw Analogy said...

definitely good luck and good mojo.

and i hope they get the disability stuff processed VERY soon. but if they don't, i'm sure that both your aunt and raine will be happy to see you, regardless of whether you have fancy new towels.

Raine said...

blah- dont spend money on towels!! I did that and nobody will use them. Your towels will be fine. As far as food goes the main issues I have is that I cant have coffee or soda anymore (sniffle) so I just need to have water. I'll bring my own crystal light flavoring to add to it.

Tracy said...

Congrats on the honors! Wow what a wonderful feeling that must be. I am glad your Aunt and Raine will be there at your graduation. I am sure they wont care about towels as raine said as much in the above post. lol Hope though that you do get the extra income from ssdi.
Congrats again to you!

Annie said...

I am glad to hear you are having support in your graduation. It sounds like you worked hard to get honors. I know it will be a releif when it is over. Good luck on the money front! It was good to find your site! Annie

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there to. I'm proud of you.

Lily Strange said...

I really need good money juju too. I am so sick of being forever broke!

Marj aka Thriver said...

*fingers crossed*
*sending positive vibes*

Good luck, congrats...and all the best!

Boy, Statistics! Ha! If I ever finished my Master's I would have had to have hired a tutor to get me through statistics! Not exactly my area!

Let us know how the finals went and how it feels to be a graduate!

Much kudos to you...proud of you!
:) xoxoxo