Spring break was pretty nice. We had a little trouble getting out of town on the 10th at the time we wanted too...ie. we left hours later than planned! However, we made good time to D's mom's in the S. Central valley. The next morning we managed to get the car loaded and get D's mom and brother both out the door a few minutes ahead of schedule. The trip through Bakersfield, into the San Fernando Valley and over to Marina Del Rey was mostly uneventful, and again we made good time. The 405 (parking lot ;)) was pretty slow and busy, but not really any worse then going through the East Bay area (in our neck of the woods). Anyway, we only had to go 22 miles on the 405.
So, the wedding was fabulous, the hotel was pretty nice, the weather cooperated nicely...all very nice. My favorite Aunt picked me up the day after the wedding, and we went to Venice Beach for the day. That was so much fun! It was REALLY busy...great people watching there! My Aunt worked half-days in the morning the next two days so that we could spend the rest of the day together. We went to Ventura Harbor one day and Old Town Camarillo the next. Both days just walking around, checking out interesting shops, and talking. It was really nice, and very relaxing. The trip home sucked, but we made it and learned that we will choose another way to get home next time!
Now it's reality check time...
Spring break is over and school is full-steam ahead. Looking at the work remaining I am overwhelmed...substantially overwhelmed, no "a little bit" going on here. I have to reading responses, a facilitaton/presentation, and the final for Classical Theory (thats the "easy class"). I need to finish designing a survey, administer the survey, code and analyse the survey, write up my study (which we are currently learning how to do), and prepare to present my study to the class, for Research Methods. And, for Microbiology...a quiz, outline due, and report on a field trip, all due this Friday. Next Friday we have a lab practical and a midterm. There are two more quizes and the final. Plus, finish trying to figure out what my "unknown culture" is, write up that report (with research/references), finish (okay, really start) researching my chosen topic and prepare a web page with my lab partner, and write up the report, prepare for my presentaton on the topic. Then there are still several podcasts and vcasts on the class web page to review and respond to! WAAAAYYY too much work in that calss. I need a nap just from writing about it.
S
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Posted by Battle Weary at 11:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Wow, there's always so much to do during the last weeks of school, isn't there?
Donna
sounds exhausting! do you get to take time off this summer, or are you taking summer classes as well?
That sounds like SOOOOO much work to do
Breaks are never really breaks are they? They are more like "gearing up" time.
Good luck on the last weeks of school girl! I know you will do well.
I love the photos in the previous post!
Naps are key!
I'm glad you had a good break and have that favorite Aunt to do special things with. That's nice. I hope you're doing okay with the overwhelm and winding up school for the year.
I remember my brother's wedding, seven years ago now, I think. It was great and we actually all had a good time. Though my mother was very stressed. My father was already starting to be more obsessive than ever. Looking back it was because he was having TIA's. This was before the big stroke.
I went to California once, when I was sixteen. I would love to go back to San Diego again, but fear I would be mistaken for a beached whale were I to go swimming.
Yikes! What a load. I hope you're sorting your way through it ok at this point.
Shoot, I'd have waved if I'd know you were passing by my part of the coast. Sounds like a fantastic break and I'm so glad you got all that fun time with your aunt.
Thanks again. You saved my butt... (((hugs)))
Post a Comment