CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Few Pictures...

I got back from my trip the night before last...I was so exhausted that I slept very late yesterday, then took a nap as well, and went to bed early! I feel much better today.



















This picture is a shot of Solvang. We had a lot of fun there. I got a pair of hand painted Swedish clogs...very cool.




















This is the rock at Morro Bay. I was unprepared for the cold there. We were on our way to Pismo Beach...where we had reservations to stay the night. I had packed capris, and sandals...and was wearing...shorts and sandals! I ended up buying a pair of sweat pants. They are cool though...grey with Morro printed on them (bay is printed very small on the second "O").



















This one is the view from our balcony at the hotel in Pismo beach. The hotel was right on the beach as you can see. We left the glass door to the balcony open and listened to the surf and birds all night long. We also took a walk to the end of the pier after dark...seeing all the lights on shore was very nice. Seeing the absolute, complete blackness out to sea was not so nice! In fact, it was a bit opressive and scary...my Aunt thought so too. It seemed like there was substance to the darkness, like it pressed on you...probably because it was foggy, not "just" dark.



















This cool guy and his buddy were hanging out on the pier. They were HUGE!! As tall as my hip. But pretty friendly. One of them (we were told by a fisherman) would snap if you got too close, but the other one would walk right up to you and nudge at your pockets and hands...looking for fish to eat.

All in all we had a good time. There was a fire not too far from my Aunt's town that started on Wednesday or Tuesday night. The helicopters were loading up fire retardant in her town, and there was a little bit of smoke, but mostly the smoke was blowing inland. Seeing our Aunt's and great- Aunt was great, we got some good pictures. Seeing the father was pretty good too. I think not seeing the mother would have been better, but it wasn't horrible.

S

9 comments:

Mike McBride said...

Very cool pictures, thanks for sharing them!

Dr. Deb said...

Solvang is way fun, isn't it?

Whenever I hear of Pismo Beach, I think of Bugs Bunny tunneling somewhere in the Loony Tunes Cartoons.

Mamabeek said...

OMG... you were in MY neck of the woods!!! Wish I'd known, I'd have loved to have coffee or something. =) Glad you enjoyed the trip. And yes, it's often VERY cold on the coast. It gets worse as you go North, but I adore rugged beaches with cliffs and rocks and fog. I think they're much more interesting than flat sunny beaches. Next time check out Montana de Oro in Los Osos and the Elfin Forest. There are tons of great places to visit in this area!

Raine said...

ok now we HAVE to camp at Pismo LMAO

therapydoc said...

Looks so peaceful.

Dreaming again said...

ahhhh making me homesick again are ye?

Love the Morrow (sp?)

the building with the windmill ..it looks familiar (remember CA was a few decades ago for me!) It reminds me of a resteraunt where I first ate split pea soup ...

Lily Strange said...

Beautiful pictures. Sorry I've been out of touch.

Jade said...

Awesome. I know Crys and I went down to morrow bay a while back and were also caught off gaurd by the weather. I guess we just figured that all of Cali was warm and sunny.

So glad to hear that you two had a nice trip

Marj aka Thriver said...

Thanks for sharing those great photos. I'm just stopping by to say you're thought of today. I hope you post again soon.