CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 7, 2009

I have now attended my classes for two weeks. This is going to be a hard semester. The volume of work is going to leave little time for anything else at all. For my blog-friends and "real" friends that are or have recently been in grad school...yeah..I know...undergrad is less work. That is, unless you have two majors, one of which begins you on your research/study 4 semesters before graduation, and the other of which requires a 3.89 in the core math and science classes in order to get into the program when you are finely ready to apply. Throw in that those science classes are FREAKING HARD. I'm on the last one, although I may repeat one of them that I got a "less than desirable" grade in...since when is a B a bad grade?!? AND THEN...factor in that I am TA'ing for Physiology...what was I thinking? WAS I even thinking at all? On the plus side...with the 2 units I will get for being a TA in Physio, I will have 18 units of Biology...I need 20 for a minor. So I may just talk to an adviser and see if I can take a lower division survey course and end up with a Sociology and Pre-nursing major with a Biology minor. That should look pretty good on my Nursing Master's application don't you think?

S

8 comments:

Dreaming again said...

Hey! Guess in a couple years I'll be where you are with school decisions.

Thanks for your offer of help on my blog. My issue with sociology is a bad professor. I'm enjoying Social Psych, which, in looking at the text books (soc vs social psych) aren't *that* drastically different ...so it's the prof.

If he didn't have so much ... confidence?... maybe it'd be better. His confidence is coming off as arrogance ... and he won't tolerate questions from the class. It's *his* lecture only. Period. "I'll teach you everything you need to know about sociology" (followed up with why we don't need to buy the book, just attend lectures and follow his notes. Don't bother taking notes because everything you need is *in* his notes ... UGH!!)

Um ..ok?

Anonymous said...

Undergrad may be less work when it comes to some classes, but not all classes, and it sounds like you have your hands full.

That is crazy that a "B" is a bad grade. Someone must be on drugs to have thought that! Those math and science classes are hard enough without having such a high grade requirement. Dang!

Donna

Dr. Deb said...

It *is* more work in grad school, but will be worth it. Just do the most that you can. Everything you don't master will come with time and experience.

Jade said...

Yes..grad school is tough, but the education and experiences you receive from it are vastly different thank the undergrad programs. From my experience in Social Work anyways. Good luck my friend and keep on keepin on. You'll get there!

Jigsaw Analogy said...

whether or not grad school is harder maybe depends on your undergrad experience. my experience in grad school wasn't all that different from undergrad. (i did have an unusually rigorous undergrad experience, since others in my grad program found it a good deal harder than their undergrad.)

what you describe sounds exhausting. i'm sending virtual energy drinks and i hope you get a little time to breathe! good luck with this semester.

Marj aka Thriver said...

Actually, I thought my undergrad degree was WAY harder to get than the graduate work I did.

I know it's lame but, hang in there!

Rising Rainbow said...

Sounds good to me. But I'm sure glad I don't have to go back to school. I don't think I could deal with the stress you're talking about.

Lily Strange said...

Just wanted to come by and check on you. Sorry that it's been a while. I hope school is going well for you.