I deleted a handful of blogs. Some of them are people who haven't posted in over a year, one deleted her blog but I still had a link, one went private and I didn't get an invitation, one has a weird issue where I get an "attack site" warning...a couple others, I just don't read anymore and they don't visit here. So off they all went. That's the literal clean-up.
Figurative clean-up....I've posted before about a dear friend that just up and disappeared. Deleted blog, stopped answering emails, stopped visiting here, and stopped visiting others she used to also be friends with. Honestly, I wondered if she had an accident or had been hospitalized. Not knowing was pretty hard. I suppose I should have had a little warning; she DID delete her blog, though that happened at the same time as everything else. She also stopped her cell phone service...or at least, that is what she said when I asked if she got my text a couple weeks before her disappearance. I now think she may have changed numbers, not completely canceled service.
It's been right around a year since I've heard anything from her. While I still wondered what happened, and feared the worst, I had pretty much let it go. I wasn't angry, I wasn't terribly hurt (maybe numb? That's a T topic. ), and I actually would go several weeks without wondering about her.
A couple weeks ago Raine found her name, bio, and picture on a website by doing a google search. This is something I have done as well, looking for any kind of news (accident?), as recently as July, and I didn't get any hits, so it's a fairly new thing. So...there she is...apparently well, working in her chosen field. She seems to have decided to delete a major portion of her life...some of us were actual, "real-life" friends, others were "blog friends", but no less real.
It's sad really...sad for her. I'm not sad, and I'm not surprised...there was a history of this type of thing with us, it usually only lasted a couple months, and it was never everyone...just us in this body...but there was a history. The people she deleted may all be very busy, and living their own lives, but we are here. I can't speak for everyone, but I bet Raine and K would have understood minimal contact due to business...they do with me, and I with them. I also bet that J and L would understand it, too. I wonder of someday she will realize what a terrible mistake she made.
So...yeah...I'm not sad. I might be angry though.
S
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
A Little Clean-up...Literally and Figuratively
Posted by Battle Weary at 7:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Good for you! Pam
I don't know if you can tell when a person comes from Google Reader or not but I have you on reader and keep up with you that way.
I had a sigh of relief when I saw me on your blog roll still.
Austin (wipes brow with relief)
I also go through my blog roll and delete blogs too. Cleaning up literally and figuratively is a good thing, I agree.
if you are angry you have a right to be so. I should probably clean up my blogroll but I hate to give up on people, sometimes they come back.
Sorry to hear that happened. Its always hard to wrap our minds around when people just kinda disappear out of our lives. Sounds like you've got a healthy way of handling and thinking about it though.
Post a Comment