The adorable ducklings managed to grow up while I was busy writing papers. When I finally made it back to "the lakes" on campus, they were all nearly adult looking...too late for more cute pictures.
For the last couple weeks I have been working-out with my sister-in-law three days a week in the mornings. We use the treadmills, then lift weights, then hit the treadmills again, then go out to the pool. It's amazing how quickly a long work-out goes by when there is someone doing it with you!
I am still researching graduate programs. I need to write a statement of purpose for some, and a personal statement for others. Some have essay topics that will be provided when the application period opens. I'm a bit lost...I don't have any idea how to write the first two!
I am also waiting to hear from one of my Professors...so I can start doing research assistant work for her. I should hear any day on this, and I am a bit impatient and excited! I will be able to do the work at home, and it will be paid.
I am going to a the family reunion in just over 1 month. I have a whole mixture of feelings about this. To recap...I will be seeing second cousins and their families, some of whom I saw once 12 years ago, some I haven't seen since I was about 4 years old, and some I've never met at all. What makes this particularly special and emotional is that the 4 second cousins consider me their baby sister, and their children consider me their Aunt. Long story...it's in older posts. My feelings are mostly very good...I am, however, a little nervous...mostly about a very young part that has recently awoken and knows nothing about our life after we were removed from the cousins home.
So...that's it...my life in a nutshell!
S
Saturday, July 3, 2010
My Life, as it is, Currently
Posted by Battle Weary at 9:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
What I saw in your post is that you have a lot of moving forward going on. You've got things to look forward to that will advance your life and well being. Exercise, graduate school, research (I love research)and seeing your family. This to me says that there is good in your life and that is always inspiring to see.
until again,
Faith - who believes there's no such thing as a duck that isn't cute, adults and babies :0)
Awesome to hear that you have a workout buddy! I just aquired a
6'3, 230 lb ex soldier as my workout partner. It does make it much more enjoyable, and makes you more accountable for your workout. Congrats on that move!
you finally posted and I didnt see it for two weeks. I'm sorry I didnt catch this earlier. I'd be really interested in hearing about the recently wakened
Post a Comment